click me!

valentine, I think you're "tea"licious...

First, an apology for my title, the creative juices aren't flowing and I just couldn't think of anything more clever. I did come up with - valentine, don't be a "tea"se - but I didn't want you newcomers to think you had stopped at a bad girl's blog :) Anyway, today's project is about...guess what?

It all started with me finding this sweet little card on Sewing.org that you can sew on your machine! At first I thought it would be nice for a "tea"cher -oh, now I just can't help myself - or a tea connoisseur - hey, that's how Goggle spells it, doesn't look right though, does it?

Then I thought, wouldn't it be fun to have a old fashioned Valentine tea? I started finding lots of cute little things that I hope you will find "tea" totally, "tea"riffic! Okay, I promise to stop now...

Since the first step is the planning, try Old Fashioned Living for a few ideas on what to serve. Their Shrimp Butter Tea Sandwiches and Mini Herb Crescents sound good and easy to me. Hey just give me their French Chocolates and I'm there! They also have a page called Tea Time that has more info than you probably want to know about the subject of having a tea. Another informative site on tea party etiquette along with many ideas and printables is Teas2Dine4 ...and I thought I was the only one with the bad puns... Seriously, they have lots of fun ideas and printables there.

Now you have to have a clever invitation so everyone will want to come to your tea and not your snooty little neighbors' down the street... that I've already provided at the beginning of this post but here it is again in a different fabric. How about a verse for it - if you're just going to use it as a card...

"A little cup of friendship
With a bag of tea
When you drink this
Think of love from me."
or
"Valentine, I cannot sit and chat with you,
The way I'd like to do.
So brew yourself a cup of tea,
I'll think of you, you think of me."


If you really want to impress someone, use this teapot font to print your cards with.


Or here's a teabag one.


Use some gourmet tea bags from Adagio ...

or learn to sew your own personalized ones from Creature Comfort's tutorial. Cute!








Lastly, you need a favor for your guests and I found the perfect rememberance. They are little teaholder cards and Dawns Stampin Studio created a wonderful video tutorial for them here. The example I found at Splitcoast Stampers designed by Debbi Silberberg. Don't you just love this idea? A perfect Valentine tea party favor...

Have fun planning and enjoy

"Come along inside... we'll see if tea and buns can make the world a better place. " ~The Wind in the Willow~


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails