click me!

i "needle" little help...

...with organizing my sewing area that is.

Everytime I go to make something, I have to search for all my little doodads. Where's my scissors, where's my needles, where's my glasses...oh they're right there on top of my head! Have you ever had that happen? Now that I'm getting older my memory is like a sieve...or maybe I need to start living by the motto "A place for everything and everything in it's place." I want it calm and serene so I can spend more time sewing and less time being frustrated by the mess. So from needle cases to sewing caddies, I found some ways to make my sewing space a prettier and more functional place to be. Perhaps you'll find a helpful idea for you here...

A project that's after my own heart....from Sewing.org this ribbon caddy has it all - scissors, measuring tape, pincushion and a pocket for thimbles, etc. And it hangs around your neck so everything is right there at your fingertips!




Here's a pretty idea...a sewing caddy with little bluebirds embroideried on it. You can find the tutorial here at Creative Ribbon's blog.

The Happy Zombie created a pdf file for this sweet strawberry needle case. For those of you who follow my blog, she's the one who created those adorable pennie pockets for Moda Bake Shop.




Or how about a ladybug to hold your needles for you? This pdf file is from Studio 259.


This sewing caddy comes from Anna Marie Horner's book "Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing". I like how the pincushion creates a basket to hold all of your other supplies in it and I love her fabric line! You can find the pdf and templates for it at Craftzine.


Sew Prim Khris' needle case is a petaled flower when unfolded and a handy little pocket when you fold it back up. Clever!





Creative Ribbons also has instructions for a crochet victorian thimble pouch. I've never seen one of these before but thought it would be a nice gift idea for someone who collects thimbles. She has lots of eye candy for you quilters too!



This little needle case has a place for your scissors too! I'm always searching for those...the project is from Quick Quilts and you can find it here.


This last idea is probably the most practical for me...a pocket to fit under your machine from Get Creative. I know I'll be able to find what I need if it's right there under my nose. Enjoy!

Now where did I put those glasses...?



"All my scattering moments are taken up with my needle." ~ Ellen Birdseye Wheaton, 1851

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails